Months before Motorola announced a list of moto devices that get latest android pie 9.0 update via OTA (Over The Air). After that announcement now Motorola motoX4 is receiving 9.0 pi update through the air. So this post will guide you through the process to install Android Pie 9.0 update on your MotoX4.
The update is already rolled out through the air so if you want to update your device through the air then you can do it. But there are some users who don’t like to update through the Air, so her we listed all the download links for firmware. You can download them and update your device.
To check your device update, Go to settings -> About -> Update. If it shows any update available notification then you can download the update and install it on your device. For others follow this post
How to Update Your MotoX4
You can easily update your device easily by downloading firmware zip.
- The update is only For Motox4
- Take a backup of Your Moto X4
- Download and install ADB fast boot setup and drivers on your PC
- Download and install latest Motorola drivers on your pc
- Make sure your device has enough battery charge for updating
We are not Responsible anything happens to your device while updating, Upadting firmwares may result Bricking your device.
So Let’s begin the process.
Before starting, You have to download and install the latest version of your device. If you are on 8.0 Oreo you have to download and update with 8.0 oreo. If you are on 8.1 Oreo then you have to download and install 8.1 Oreo to the latest version.
Download 8.0 oreo file – Download
Download 8.1 Oreo file- Download
The first step is to download all the required files to update your device. You can download the Latest Motox4 9.0 Pie update from below link
Download MotoX4 9.0 Pie Firmware – Download
So let’s start, After downloading all the required files you can start installation on your MotoX4.
- Move the downloaded 9.0 pie file to the internal Storage
- Reboot Your device to Recovery Mode
- Once you are in recovery mode choose update from SD Card option
- Once the process is started Dontpress power button
- Wait some time, it might take some time to finish the update
- After update Reboot your device
That’s it you have successfully installed Android Pie 9.0 Update on your MotoX4.