Hi friends, today we are here to guide through Unlocking of Redmi note 6 pro and installing a custom recovery
SO before starting the process you need to know this
Just like other smartphone brands Xiaomi is also stricting bootloader unlock process. That means you can’t unlock your Note 6 pro easily. You may need to wait some time to get approval from xiaomi. With some little patience and proper guidance you can easily do it.
Before rooting and installing other custom recovery images you have to unlock your bootloader. So our first step is to unlock bootloader, Follow this post to know how to unlock bootloader and install custom recovery on your redmi note 6 pro.
Make sure you pass all requirements mentioned below.
- Usb cable
- Mi account
- Flash tools (unlock tool)
- ADB Drivers
- A little peace
HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADE
So our first step is to unlock bootloader . To unlock bootloader we have to request xiaomi to send unlock message to our device.
To send unlock request follow below steps
- Goto settings
- Open developer options (if you can’t see developer option. Goto. Settings -about -tap on build number two three times)
- Tap on Unlock status
- Grant permission and add click on add your device button. (Turn off WiFi before adding your device) Re sync your device with mi account if there is any error
- After adding your device download mi unlock tool from below links
- Install unlock tool in your pc
- Power off your device and hold down power button + volume down button to enter fast boot mode
- Now connect your device with pc using a USB cable.
- Now follow on-screen instructions tions
- There may be a waiting time for you. “Just wait”
- After the waiting period unlock your device and reboot
Thats it you have successfully unlocked your device bootloader, Now you can easily install custom recovery and other custom Roms in your redmi note 6 pro
Unlock – http://en.miui.com/unlock
Also check the best tool to unlock any locked android device Android multi tools
Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 6 pro
The next step is to install a custom recovery image on your device . To do this you need some files download them from below links
Recovery image file – Download
- After downloading the file extract files into adb folder
- Reboot your device agian into fastboot mode
- Connect with pc using USB cable
- Open CMD / power shell.
- Type ‘ fastboot devices ‘ and press enter
- Again type ‘ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ‘ and press enter button
- Now press volume up button + power button to boot into recovery
- Now flash attachment and wipe
How to Root Redmi Note 6 pro
After successful unlocking of bootloader and installation of recovery image you can step into root process
Download magisk file from below link
- Boot into recovery
- Flash downloaded magisk file
You have successfully Rooted your redmi note 6 pro .